Thursday 25 November 2010

BIG Bugs!

Today Year 2 learnt about some fascinating bugs.  A man called Martin showed us some bugs and told us some facts about them.


All of us were very brave and held or touched some of the creatures.








We saw and heard some hissing cockroaches, held a leaf insect, saw some millipedes crawl across the floor and even stroked a scorpion!



Some of us were a little unsure about stroking Lucy the red-kneed tarantula ...


 ... but most of us did and thought she was furry and friendly!


We really enjoyed it and learned lots!

12 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Sophie and i am from Class Capri.I loved seeing the bugs and insects, also i enjoyed touching Lucy the tarantula. it was really exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,My name is bailey and i am in year two class Capri. I liked seeing the bugs that Martin had and enjoyed the days lesson as it reminded me about the school book on insects i have just read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Georgia and i am in class Capri.I liked seeing the bugs. I had one of the stick insect on my jumper. Itis brown, and it lookes like a brown stick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when we saw the bugs i got a bit rurid that it mite hurt me.When i groped the bug it was because it jumed out of my hand and made me jumep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like seaing the nsects eseshlee lucy the tranntrer because she had ferrey legs thay were nise.It was fabulas and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reelly like the bugs and I like the part that the cocroech hissing i am in class capri

    ReplyDelete
  7. cydnee clas capri28 November 2010 at 12:21

    To miss booth you was very very brave.
    all my love Cydnee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Brilliant day Year 2 have had!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my name is Leonie. We had fun. My favorite was the brown Stick Insect. The Stick Insect went on my cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we had fun seeing all the Insects. my fave was the brown Stick Insect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw the bugs they looked scary and a bit funny and slimy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i miss all the staff.but i am now in y6

    ReplyDelete